What happens during my first visit?
January 31st, 2017
Conduct a thorough examination on your first visit to determine the best course of action to achieve dental health and your goals. We will:
- Take full mouth x-rays to identify any current problems and to use as a baseline on future visits to detect early signs of problems.
- Assess gum condition and health.
- Examine teeth for cavities and condition of old dental restorations.
- Perform a head and neck exam, including salivary glands and lymph nodes, for swelling or other abnormalities.
- Screen for oral cancer and TMJ dysfunction (jaw joint).
- Clean and polish your teeth.