The Standard of Care
At Sunshine Smiles Dental Care, we are dedicated to providing our valued patients with the highest quality care. One of the ways we do that is by investing in the latest dental advancements, including CBCT imaging. The innovative technology captures high-resolution, 3D images of the teeth and soft tissue structures for precise treatment planning and enhanced patient care.
What Is CBCT Imaging?
Dental cone beam computed tomography (CBCT) imaging is a cutting-edge dental technology that provides 360° views of your mouth and high-resolution 2D and 3D views of your oral structures, including the teeth, sinuses, soft tissues, nerve pathways, nasal cavity, airway, and surrounding structures.
CBCT scans help us identify early tooth decay, hidden infections, hairline fractures, and tooth root problems. They help us visualize your root canals, identify sinus infections, uncover issues with the airway, and so much more! CBCT imaging is an invaluable diagnostic and treatment planning tool, increasing efficiency and enhancing treatment outcomes.
What Are the Uses of CBCT Imaging?
Dental cone beam CT scans are used for numerous reasons, including the following:
- Planning the placement of dental implants
- Preparing for root canal therapy
- Providing needed information for surgical planning
- Checking for signs of temporomandibular joint (TMJ) disorder
- Evaluating bone density and screening for bone loss
- Locating the source of pain
- Identifying gum inflammation or infection
- Evaluating impacted teeth
- Diagnosing and assessing jaw fractures
What Are the Benefits of CBCT Imaging?
CBCT imaging offers numerous benefits over traditional x-ray imaging, including the following:
- Higher-Quality Images: The focused x-ray beams reduce scatter radiation, which improves the quality of the images produced, revealing hidden dental problems not visible through full-mouth x-rays.
- In-Depth Evaluation: CBCT imaging allows us to see the teeth and jawbone from multiple angles, revealing anatomical features x-rays and panoramic images fail to show.
- Better Diagnosis: The intricate information helps detect, diagnose, and treat dental concerns with exceptional precision, ensuring the best possible outcomes.
- Fewer Complications: CBCT scans help us identify potential difficulties before treatment, which helps us take steps to avoid or minimize any possible risks.
- Lower Radiation Exposure: CBCT scans use a lower radiation dose than traditional dental x-rays, providing a safe and effective way to capture intricate images of your oral structures.
What Can You Expect?
CBCT imaging requires no special preparation. We may ask you to remove any metal accessories to prevent interference with the outcomes of the scan. Our cone beam CT scanner will circle around you as you remain still, capturing multiple images that are reconstructed to create a 3D model of your oral structures. The entire process will be over before you know it.
CBCT Imaging Near Me
Dr. Horng, Dr. Aleman, and our entire team at Sunshine Smiles Dental Care in Silver Spring, MD, are dedicated to providing our valued patients with the highest level of care and service. CBCT imaging provides an invaluable tool to diagnose, plan, and perform intricate dental procedures with exceptional precision. We invite you to experience the difference!
If you have any questions about CBCT imaging and the advanced technology we offer, , give our office a call at (301) 565-8889. You can also use our online contact form - one of our friendly staff will get back to you as soon as possible. We look forward to delivering the one-of-a-kind dental experience you deserve.